Graduates of even the school pass outs aim to pursue the Masters of Business Administration course by carefully thinking, intelligently considering, and very smartly analyzing the promising career it presents. However, from a distance, they usually find it too powerful to judge the prominent reasons that why they must take up the master’s degree in Business administration, or from where to apply from, or even figuring out as to which paper they should consider to specialize and so on.
Having said that, as you scroll down, you would find a very clear, crisp, easy to understand and overall a pretty fundamental piece of information about the MBA program that each and every aspirant should know.
Let us check out the history of MBA
It is said that “Necessity is the mother of invention.” This means that when there is a need for something and, that needs become indispensable, then we are forced to find the right ways to achieve it. Well, as a matter of fact, this very similar situation arose in the United States of America as well and this happened in the early 20th century when the country industrialized and its companies intensely tried to find the right form solutions to not only solve their issues but, also design the proper management structure to handle things in the future to come. And, this is how
the Master of Business Administration (MBA or M.B.A.) degree originated in the United States.
Furthermore, as per the records, the very earliest mention of the Master of Business Administration course goes back to the 1900s and was first conducted in the first graduate school of management, the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. The course was then named Master of Commercial Science Degree and was later renamed to Master of Business Administration. Later on, within a few years of time, in the year 1908, it was Harvard Graduate School of Business which became the next college to introduce an MBA with 80 students who registered for their first batch. Also to mention, the birth of MBA in our country, that is India, well it was the Faculty of Management Studies of University of Delhi which prepared the first MBA syllabus for any Indian college in the year 1968.
What is MBA?
MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a 2-year postgraduate course which is broadly selected or preferred in India as well as abroad. It focuses on evolving the student’s management and business skills and at the same time prepares them for the corporate.
A candidate must have completed his/her graduation with minimum aggregate marks of 50%, in order to meet the MBA eligibility criteria. Another important thing to be mentioned here is that any student can apply in his/her final year of graduation as well.
It is also to be noted that, each and every year, our country observes around 3,60,000 students who pass out from the top and one of the most prestigious MBA Colleges. In almost all of these renowned colleges, the admissions are done on the basis of the percentile secured in the MBA entrance exams conducted at the national or university level. Also to know that Executive MBA and MBA Distance Education are among one of the few courses that are available apart from the full-time MBA.
The information mentioned above is certainly about the topmost colleges in India but, this also at the same time doesn’t eliminate the presence of thousands of the Management collages who function at remarkable standards and, deliver well-decorated products in the form of students, who of course have to crack through the entrance test which is been held at the various state levels to get into these collages.
MBA: Key High Points
- MBA is a 2-year postgraduate program which can be pursued by students from any stream, that is Arts, Commerce or Science, etc.
- Basic eligibility is graduation with a minimum aggregate or total marks in any field along with a qualifying entrance exam.
- MBA Entrance Examsinclude: CAT, XAT, MAT, NMAT, GMAT, SNAP, CMAT, and others.
- The course assists an aspirant to comprehend all the features related to business administration and management.
- MBA is available in regular, distance, and online mode of education.
- Executive MBA can be chosen by the candidates who have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 years of work experience.
- The different types of MBA Specializations programs are MBA – Finance, MBA – Marketing, MBA – Human Resource Management, MBA – Tourism and Travel Management and others.
- The average MBA salary in India ranges between INR 5-12 LPA
The course category that MBA comes under is Post-graduation [P.G.] – Management. This is a two-year postgraduate program which at the most allows a time period of 6 years to complete the course. There are some universities that offer this course in a semester-wise mode while, there are others that offer a non-semester mode that is, year wise. While the full-time duration of the course remains 2 years, the distance education mode can take up to 5 years. In all kinds of modes, MBA subjects remain almost the same with slight variations.
Subjects in MBA
Common Subjects for Marketing / Finance / Human Resource Management
Perspectives of Management
Accounting for Managers
Quantitative Techniques for Managerial Decisions
Information Management and Computer Applications
Human Resource Management
Business Policy and Strategic Management
Management of Information Systems
Subjects for Specializations
|Marketing Management||Finance Monument||Human Resource Management|
|Sales and Advertising management |
|Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||Human Resource Planning and Development|
|Services Marketing& CRM||Financial Markets & Derivatives||Organizational Dynamics & Change Management|
|Rural and Retail Marketing||International Financial Management||Labor Legislation & IR|
|Consumer Behavior and Marketing Research||Management of Financial Services||Organizational Behavior|
|Global Marketing||Project Management||Employee Compensation Management|
|Project Work||Project Work||Project Work|
Subjects for Tourism and Travel Management
Management Process and Organization Behavior
Cultural Heritage Tourism of India
HRM in Tourism
Global Tourism Geography
Entrepreneurship in Tourism
Communicational Skills and Ethics in Tourism
Research Methods in Tourism
Tourism Principles and Product of India
Basics of Hospitality Management
Marketing of Tourism and Hospitality
Travel Agency and Tour Operations Management
Air Ticketing and Cargo Management
Event Planning and Management
Tourism Economics and Law
If a student doubt is, Inter failed what next? Then HIITMS is the ideal choice for aspirants looking for degree college to continue education through having backlogs at the intermediate level or PUC level. Because HIITMS Offers B.A B.Com [General / Computers] B.Com with Event Management and B.B.A for PUC / inter failed students with the following salient features.
- Regular Classes
- 100% Corporate atmosphere
- 96% cumulative pass percentage during the previous years
- Parents Login window for Student’s everyday login & logout timings’
- Experience and student-friendly teaching faculty
- Well equipped classrooms with the State of the Art Furniture
- High configured Computer Lab
- 24 hours under CCTV surveillance & free Wi-Fi
- Industrial visit and Internships & Seminars and guest lectures
- Cultural Fests, Youth Fest and extra co-curriculum activities for all-round development of students
- Special Focus on Soft Communication Skills, Personality Development, Neuro-Linguistic Programme, Body Language, Mind techniques, etc by Industry Experts.
- Useful for Government / Corporate and Overseas Jobs &Valid for further studies in India and Abroad
- Placement assistance
- The degree will be awarded by UGC & Govt. of India /TS; AP & KA recognized, Top Ranked Universities.
- Offer: One Year Total Fee Paid Candidates Can Get Spot Study Material, Free College Bag & Exam Material